Hoya Plants

Growing Hoyas

jewelrybysen added on February 5, 2018 | Answered

I bought a heart Hoya 2 years ago and there is no growth whatsoever. I even took off a couple branches and they never rooted either. I have other Hoyas that are doing well, even bloom but this heart plant just does nothing. No growth from ends and no roots on cuttings. It may even be more than 2 years. I live in Florida and we have humidity in summer and I haven't moved the plant around. All my plants get rain water only and I have 100 or more cacti and they even do well. What could be wrong here? Sincerely, Sandi

Have you checked if the plant is rootbound? This could be the issue here. You can try potting the plant up into a slightly bigger pot. These symptoms you describe are common with this issue. Here is an article on the care of hoya: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/hoya-wax-plant/growing-hoya-wax-vines.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hoya Plants