Container Hibiscus Plants

Growing Hibiscus

I live southeast of Houston, Texas. I want to plant a Hibiscus in my yard. Should I keep it in a pot to bring in during the winter, or can I plant it in the ground and protect it from freezing temp. in winter? If I plant it in the ground, what is best way to winterize it? Also, do I need any special type of soil to start out with?

Keeping it in a pot would certainly help, as it can be easily moved indoors for overwintering. Of course, it also depends on the type of hibiscus you are growing. Hardy varieties can be grown outdoors in your area without any special attention. If considering container growing, this article will help with its winter care: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/wintering-hibiscus-indoors-winter-care-for-hibiscus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants