Growing Herbs in Water

Jabari.Turner added on April 17, 2018 | Answered

I bought herbs that were in soil i got rid of the soil and placed them in clear glasses with water will they grow ? I did not get rid of the roots or anything i kept the roots intact the herbs are parsley basil and oregano if they won’t grow then should i take a piece from them then try to grow it in the water ? I am growing them indoors also how would these plants do if i go to college i am going to be in a dorm will they survive in water there ?

This will usually lead to the death of the plant. They don't switch well from soil to water like this. They can be kept alive, but they will not thrive as if they were in soil. You will have to change with water out every two days or so, and use liquid fertilizer, just a drop, every time that you change the water. They will also need a fair amount of light.

I think the easiest thing will be to try again but leave them in soil after this round. This will be much easier to care for then keeping them in water alone.

00