Hens And Chicks Plants

Growing Hen Chicks Cactus

ruthveranth added on June 7, 2017 | Answered

Growing the house plant version. My hen has grown about 4 inches tall in a pot. How do I correct this

Your succulent may be producing a flower, it also will grow tall if not getting enough sunlight.

If succulents don’t get enough sunlight they begin to grow tall and stretch out. Find out how to prevent stretching and how to “fix” succulents that are already stretched out.
Leave at least an inch or two on the base with 2-3 leaves. The base will do best if you leave a few leaves to catch the sunlight.

While I’ve had bare stems send out new offshoots, generally they put out new offshoots faster if you keep a few leaves. If the cutting (the top part you cut off) is too tall for your liking you can cut off some of the stem to make the cutting shorter. Be sure to leave some stem so you can plant it in soil later.

Let both the cutting and the base dry out for a few days. Once the end of the cutting has calloused over (dried out completely and looks “scabbed”) you can plant it in soil and begin watering it. I’ve found that cuttings need to be watered slightly more often than a fully rooted plant, but not much. Make sure you are using a really well draining soil.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/scgen/succulent-plant-info.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hens And Chicks Plants