Shasta Daisy Plants

Growing Hardy Perennial Plants Like Shasta Daisy in a Sun Room Overwinter in Large Contaiers

I am trying to grow perennial plants in large containers in a sun room whose temperature varies between 60 and 80 degrees F. The plants were growing in these containers outside all summer and I just simply brought them inside. The company from which I bought the plants says they have to go dormant and I should let this happen ASAP. I don't agree with this. This whole idea is something I never tried before and is all an experiment. The reason I am doing it is because I am 92 years old and can no longer maintain my flower beds. I am in the Pocono mountain area of Pa. in zone 5b. I have been growing plants from seed for more than 50 years and am a PSU extension service master gardener, but you are never too old to learn something new. Your thoughts on this idea would be appreciated. Walter

I would say go for it! Many outdoor plants do well as houseplants too. Some species may have shorter lifespans if they never go dormant, but many species are able to look nice or even bloom indoors in the winter as well. Here is an example of how Gerbera daisies, usually grown outdoors, are grown and able to bloom indoors, something I'm currently doing:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/gerbera-daisy/gerbera-daisies-indoors.htm

00
Here are more questions about Shasta Daisy Plants