Growing Basil Indoors

Luna added on April 24, 2018 | Answered

I was told I should spray my basil with warm water, that doesn't seem to fit with what I have read from professional. should I spray them, for the "greenhouse" effect? They are doing well in my east facing window, but I am worried they may get scorched. Thanks for any tips! Launa

They won't get scorched where you have them. They are tolerant of full sun, so they may get pretty stretchy only getting eastern sun. South facing would be ideal. If you need, you may even want to get supplemental lighting. This will help you to get a little more light to them. I have grown them under 750 watts of insanely powerful LED's and they respond very well.

I would not spray them for moisture. They are actually slightly drought tolerant. Spraying them will make them susceptible to powdery mildew infections.

This article will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/basil/information-on-how-to-grow-basil-indoors.htm

00