Grooming Rose Plants

I wanted to know how to groom rose plants in concrete pots? I am ignorant about grooming plants. They grow but are not flowering.

Growing but not flowering can be due to too much high nitrogen fertilizers. Usually if the roses are growing well in the pots, then they will bloom nicely as well. Once they bloom, they typically need to be "dead headed" which is the removal of the old blooms. I prune them back to a leaf set junction with the stem of four or five leaves on it. This helps to be sure the stem is sturdy enough at that point to support the new blooms. Give the roses some alfalfa meal and or kelp meal even in pots/containers. It helps build up the soils in the pot/container and thus helps with bloom production. Sometimes in high heat conditions the roses will take a break from blooming for a while to deal with the heat stress. Once cooler weather comes back they will start in again.

Stan the Roseman :o)