Pepper Plant

Green Bell Peppers

I was wondering if you had any advice on growing bell pepper plants. I have the worst luck in that the plants are always stunted and produce puny, thin walled little peppers. I don't seem to have the same problem with jalepeno or banana peppers though. I live in an area with sandy soil; however, we use our own compost and a few years ago had black soil brought in for the garden. I have good luck planting many other vegetables but not these. Any suggestions?

This article will help with growing peppers: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/pepper/growing-peppers.htm

I would have your soil tested. While you are adding compost and soil, it may still be deficient in one of the other macro or micro nutrients the plants need. If I had to guess, I would say it is likely potassium you are low on, but a soil test will tell you for sure.

00
Here are more questions about Pepper Plant