Green Beans

Green Beans

jojorose8 added on June 26, 2016 | Answered

I planted green beans in a cedar planter with long 2" gaps running down the sides and 2-2" gaps running the length of the bottom. The container is lined with burlap. I used 2/3 Black Gold organic potting soil mixed with 1/3 MooDoo compost. My beans looked great, until about 2 weeks ago, when they started to yellow and stopped growing. I bought some 1-3-2 organic fertilizer and applied it two days ago. Now they have dry spots on the leaves. What am I doing wrong? They are in full sun with at least 12 hours per day. I water every 2-3 days. My peas did the same thing earlier in the year so I eventually just pulled them out.

Typically, when green bean plants begin to yellow, it's a sign of a bacterial infection or poorly draining soil. This article may help you positively identify what's going on and correct it:

And this article may help you with your peas next year:

Here are more questions about Green Beans