Lawn Problems

Grass Problem

I have sandy soil and live out in the country. I mow my yard. There is some grass but a lot of weeds. I do not need it perfect. However, this mold or fungus is taking over and it looks awful. I care about that. It is in irregular shapes and has small vertical thingies that are green but turn rusty brown. I have attempted to dig them up, the dirt underneath is very compacted so they easily come up. But it is all over and I am now exhausted. Please help me to identify and maybe treat them safely.

Answered on November 30, -0001

Treating the area with a fungicide might be helpful. Also, check your drainage. If it's staying too wet, this could be what is creating the mold or fungal growth, so this would have to be fixed. Here is more information that may help:,,

Here are more questions about Lawn Problems