Plant Recommendations

Grass or Ground Cover

I live in north Georgia, near Atlanta, and have a large area that is not lawn but borders the lawn. There are lots of trees and bare dirt. What is the best low maintance grass or ground cover to plant? We recently had approx. 12 trees taken down and when they cleaned the area, they cleaned it down to the bare ground. I had some small leaf vine growing and am wondering if it will come back.

Personally, I would opt for planting a ground cover there. Vinca minor or ivy will do fine there. The nice thing about ground covers is you can buy (or just dig up a bit at a friend's house) only a few plants and it will spread on its own. I don't know how much luck you'll have in getting grass to grow there. Grass is actually pretty finicky and delicate and would probably require a lot of work to make the area suitable for growing it.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations