Ornamental Grasses

Grass Changing Color

c17airborne added on July 25, 2017 | Answered

I have a new backyard. The contractor put new grass on the backyard back in May 2017 (almost 3 months ago). The color of the grass in some spots are no longer the vibrant green that was a month ago. It seems as the grass wants to die. When I cut the grass, the clippings of the grass are shorter now. The contractor spread fertilizer on the ground before he placed the new grass on top of the ground. My question is: Do I need to spread fertilizer on top of the new grass? I water the grass for 10 minutes every day with the sprinkler system early in the morning. We live here in Northern California where temps are in the 90's pretty much every day. Enclosed are a couple of pics. Thanks, Sidney

You will need to know the type of grass that your lawn is to properly care for it.

Check with the contractor for the grass species and the fertilizer that was used.
Once you have that information you can determine the care needed.
This link may help you.

https://content.ces.ncsu.edu/carolina-lawns

00
Here are more questions about Ornamental Grasses