Grapefruit Trees

Grapefruit Tree

tommya9317 added on September 21, 2016 | Answered

I planted this tree about a year ago. It was doing fine, even to my surprise, small grapefruit appeared this summer. We have had a very wet summer until about 3 weeks ago. The leaves began to curl and discolor. I looked for insects, found none, but sprayed nonetheless, to no avail. Also watered and fertilized, no change. (Pictures attached). Branches appear strong (flexible) and alive. I'm at a loss. Satsumas planted at same time, doing well as are my flowerbeds and rose bushes. Planted a dogwood at same time (about 100' away). It showed signs of insects, sprayed it and appears to be recuperating well. Also cut 4 sprouts from my Sago Palm, planted them and they appear to be doing well. Really would hate to lose this tree.:-( Located in Waveland, MS 39576

This is likely a water issue. The soil may not be draining away the excess moisture and the tree may be dying from root rot.

Dig down into the soil and check the moisture level.
The soil should be moist but not soggy.

Your tree looks quite stressed.

If root rot has taken hold, your tree may not survive.
This article will refresh you on the care requirements.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/grapefruit/growing-grapefruit.htm

00
Here are more questions about Grapefruit Trees