Grape Vines

GRAPE VINES

VIVAJEFF added on October 10, 2017 | Answered

I bought 2 grape vines full of leaves and left in the pot that I purchased them in....a week or so later the leaves turned brown and all fell off. It's only October here in Southern California so not sure if I overwatered, underwatered or was supposed to move to a bigger pot with better soil or plant right away....can I still plant and will it take time to leaf and grow? I want to buy a garden arbor for it to climb but I don't want to put out there and a vine just stays there doing nothing....what do you think????

The best way to check if the plant is still alive is to bend the stems. If they break, then that part of the plant is dead. As long as there is still some bend somewhere in the stem, then it is still alive. Here is a link to some articles on the care of grapes: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/grapes/

00
Here are more questions about Grape Vines