Ivy Plants

German Ivy

I live in Southern Alberta & I planted a German Ivy in a huge Planter outside with a mixture of Plants (it's Beautiful) I put a small garden trellis in it for it to climb the whole nine yards. Lol My question come time before frost can I dig it up & bring it in as a house do I use the same dirt or do I get new dirt / cut back its roots ? Put it in hanging basket ? Or should I just forget about the whole idea lol

Certainly you can repot the Ivy into a container to bring indoors for the winter.
Choose a pot with a good drainage hole and use a commercial potting soil.

Make sure the container is not too large. The roots should fit nicely with a few inches extra around for growth. A container that is too large can lead to root rot.

You may also want to treat the plant with Neem Oil, to make sure your don't bring any pests indoors with you.

Here are more questions about Ivy Plants