I have just leaned about this non-chemical pesticide, and applaud its use. However, I have a high allergy to garlic, and am wondering how long the residue is left on the plants after spraying. Do you happen to know how widespread this practice might be in the organic gardening community? Thank you for you helpful website. Sincerely, Debra OBrien
Garlic Spray on Plants
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
I use this myself! I don't know how widespread its use is, but it is very easy to remove after it is sprayed. Since the primary chemical involved is sulfuric acid, you can remove it with a base, such as soap or baking soda. This will neutralize the chemical, and can be washed off with water.