Plant Recommendations

What Grows Next to Dandelion?

orkoubi added on September 1, 2014 | Answered

Wow, I never thought I could find such a website providing me with an "ask a question" option. I'm so glad I found your article on Dandelion Growing. I stumbled upon it by accident looking for plants/weeds/flowers that complement these beauties. Yes, I find beauty in dandelions even though many criticize and discourage growing them in the garden. But stubborn as I am, I have always took interest and care of them because they're very nutritious.

My question is this: Attached is an image of really tiny flowers that my wife found and took picture of it, and I thought it would complement dandelion flowers if grown on the same lawn. I just am not sure what these flowers are called or how they grow? And also, what do you suggest to grow on a green grass aside from Aloe Vera and Cacti, which would survive under very high heat and dry temperatures? Yes, but fortunately enough, I live in the Northwest Saudi Arabia region and I'm not so familiar with gardening zones that apply on this country.

Thank you so much for this beautiful and informative website! Looking forward to your suggestions and help.

Respectfully Yours,

Hurrah for you! I also find dandelions quite beautiful...of course, I fell out of love with the mono-culture lawn many many moons ago. Those little white flowers are lovely, aren't they? They look to be some sort of little daisy, but there are hundreds of such things, and I would need to examine leaf shape, petals, the stamens and carpals, and all the other parts, to figure out what it is. Doesn't really matter though; weeds are very hardy. You could try digging some of it up, with as much root as you can gather, and move it the spot you want it to occupy near your dandelions.
What grows with dandelions? Just about anything that you can grow in your area.
What else can you grow? Sounds like you're needing a lot of desert-type plants. Here are some ideas for you to mull over:

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations