Gardenia Plants

Gardenia Pruning

Have a 4' gardenia bush and unfortunately never pruned it. So the middle is not full, only the top. How far can I cut and hopefully it will re-grow and be a luscious plant, as I now understand that I should have cut away every year and shaped it. It's so beautiful on the top height of the plant and empty in the middle. I live in Florida, Daytona Beach. What month can I prune? Is February too early? I don't want it to grow to the height of the house either. It is about 1 foot planted against my screen porch, which I don't think I could remove now, but willing to cut the height and width when necessary. Thank you so much for your advice.

Each year, you can prune up to 1/3 of the plant, but no more than that. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/gardenia/when-to-prune-a-gardenia.htm

00
Here are more questions about Gardenia Plants