Gardenia Plants
Q.

Gardenia Poisonous?

Anonymous added on May 8, 2011 | Answered

Someone at work said the Gardenia bush is poisonous if you touch it and then eat something with your hands. I have never heard of this before. Is that true?

A.
A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Nikki
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on May 8, 2011

No. Neither the leaves or the flowers are poisonous. These plants are considered essentially non-toxic (safe, not poisonous). Symptoms from eating these plants are unlikely. There is no known record of toxicity.

00
Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Gardenia Plants
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert

Learn More