Gardenia Plants

Gardenia Leaves Suddenly Losing Color and Curling Up.

acswrite added on June 5, 2017 | Answered

I've had this plant for 2 years and its always been healthy. Suddenly last week, it looked like it was dying. the leaves lost color and began curling up on the edges. It looks worse every day and I'm wondering if I have a dead plant or if there is anything I can do to save it.

ducatislave

Yellowing leaves: Root rot can lead to yellowing leaves. Try to pull the plant up. If it come s out of the ground easily and the roots are mushy, root rot is the culprit and the plant should be discarded. Iron chlorosis (iron deficiency) causes yellow leaves; adjust the soil pH and, possibly, apply a foliar feed of iron.

00
ducatislave

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/gardenia/gardenia-plant.htm

Do you use any type of fertilizer? if so is it for acid loving plants. also if it has been damp for several days you may want to place a small fan to blow gently on the leaves and dry them out.

00
Here are more questions about Gardenia Plants