Gardenia Plants

Gardenia Blooms Don’t Last

The blooms are actually coming in! They are wonderful. I also spray for bugs and I'm wondering if it yellows the blooms early. Also, the leaves at the bottom are yellow. Too much water? Last week the plant (in a container in sun half of the day) was drooping, so I watered. We had tremendous rain this winter and now it's heading toward a hot season in California. Do the leaves yellow and die off in spring?

Yellow leaves on gardenias can be caused by several things. This article will help you with that: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/gardenia/helping-a-gardenia-bush-with-yellow-leaves.htm

The spray should not yellow the blooms early, but whatever is causing the yellow leaves may be doing that.

00
Here are more questions about Gardenia Plants