Gardenia Plants

Gardenia

Are there certain varieties of Gardenias that can take the heat here in Texas? My plant is in a large container, was in bloom when I purchased it here at a local nursery, not blooming now but has put out new growth. I think transplanting it in to the new pot may have caused some shock. Thanks!

Most of these plants prefer the heat and humidity of the South, but do appreciate some shade rather than lots of sun. Container plants require much more watering (once daily) than those planted in the ground, especially if temps rise above 80-85 degrees F. Then twice a day watering is recommended. If your gardenia is suffering from shock, this article should help you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/learn-how-to-avoid-and-repair-transplant-shock-in-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Gardenia Plants