Marigolds

Garden Slugs

I believe that I have garden slugs, but I am not sure. I have seen them in the garden before but have not paid much attention to them. This is also the first year that I have mulched this area with chipped leaves. They are eating the leaves of my plants, especially the marigolds and mums. They have eaten some of the flowers of the annuals and attacked my one potted green pepper plant. I haven't seen specifically the eggs, but I haven't gone looking under the mulch either. The leaves don't have a white or slimy trail, but they have been eaten.

It could still be slugs as sometimes it is hard to see any trail. Here is a link to an article that should help you out: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/facts-about-slugs-and-how-to-kill-garden-slugs.htm

I have used Slug bait granules and the beer methods before with great success.

00
Here are more questions about Marigolds