What kind of food do I put on my trees to help for this hot and dry year? Also, I'm planting my garden. What is the best food to help them grow good?

If your trees are newly planted, the most important factor is water, especially once temps begin to rise. In general, water a tree once a day for the first 2 weeks and after that, once a week for a year as long as the tree is not dormant (without leaves). There is really no need to worry with fertilizer (and feeding trees/plants during hot or dry weather is not a good idea), though adding compost to the soil at the time of planting is preferable and normally provides adequate nutrients. This same concept applies to most gardens as well. A soil test, however, will alert you to any deficiencies you may have so proper fertilization can take place.

Here are more questions about Open2