Daylilies

Garden

With all the unusual warm weather and North Carolina this year my garden is beautifully Lush and green right now daylilies are up tulips are up, Iris ,rose buds are full of leaves now they are calling for snow this weekend which will only last about 2 days should I be concerned. will this hinder my day lily blooms this year if the foliage dies back from the freeze.

When in doubt, cover the plants. Pillow cases, buckets or just sheets can be used to cover the plants. Snow in itself is not likely to harm the plants, but if the temperatures dip, it is more concerning.

Make sure you remove the coverings in the morning when temperatures rise, to avoid over heating and burning the plants.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/plant-covering-materials.htm

My own garden has had strange weather and now are back in the very cold, Mother Nature is making be a bit anxious!

00
Here are more questions about Daylilies