Fuchsia Plants

Fuchsia

Paula Brown added on May 9, 2018 | Answered

Hi. I used to have a fuschia bush in my last garden that came up year after year with very little maintenance. Have you any idea what I should ask for at the garden centre to get the same again, everyone I get seems to die after the first summer. TIA Paula

Did you move to an area that experiences a different climate? This could be the reason that it is not working out well at this time.

Alternatively, it is very easy to give it too much care in the beginning. Too much, or too little moisture can cause it too die out, as well as certain temperatures.

I am not familiar with your area, as we are located in the United States, but if you can give me as much information about your climate, and conditions at planting, then I will be more than happy to help.

If you are visiting your local gardening centers, the only advice that I have, without knowing the exact variety, would be to describe the entire plant as detailed as possible. They may or may not be able to identify the exact variety for you.

In the meantime, this article will give you more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/fuchsia/growing-fuchsia-flower.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fuchsia Plants