Fungus on soil indoor plants
I put a large amount of used coffee grounds on my indoor plants and now the soil has a top layer of fungus or mold. I unthinkingly mixed this soil further into the pots soil. How can I fix what I've done and will I have killed my plants?
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Was this Starbucks coffee, or Peets? De-caf or regular? Are the plants getting a little jittery?
Just kidding :) I don't think you have anything to worry about. The mold is superficial on the decomposing coffee grounds and should not have any adverse effect on the plant and roots and soil. Working it into the soil surface is a good thing.
Do you know about EM-1? It's like a 'pro-biotic' for soil and plants. Order a pint of this fantastic stuff and water with an EM solution according to directions. It will neutralize and digest any harmful fungi and bacteria, and have other beneficial effects.