Plant Identification


Zone London | FungiHelp added on November 18, 2015 | Answered

Thank you for your help. We are in the process of buying a house. In the garden is a sort of summer house - timber frame, breeze blocks, felt roof, and some terrifying fungus growing up through the floor! I'd be so grateful if you could help us identify it. We've been given mixed advice about whether we can kill it or if the building needs to be demolished. It seems to be coming through only on the walls through gaps between the walls and the floor. But maybe it could be growing under the floor too? If you could suggest what it is and how to get rid of it Id be very grateful. Thank you, Gaby

    A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
    Answered on November 20, 2015

    You could power wash the structure which would help clean the walls and floors.
    You can also use a fungicide on the area.
    If the conditions are damp and shady, you may see the fungus return.
    There are thousands of fungus and lichens so identification is difficult.

    Was this answer useful?

    Log in or sign up to help answer this question.
    Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

    You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

    If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

    Looking for more?
    here are more questions about...
    Plant Identification
    Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

    Learn From
    Your Peers on
    Our Blog

    Visit Our Blog

    Do you know a lot about gardening?
    Become a GKH Gardening Expert

    Learn More