Marigolds

Fungas Gnats & Red Spider Mites

I am trying to grow vegetables in a straw bale garden. There are lots of mushrooms growing, but there are heaps of tiny flies and what looks like red mites on the top soil. I think they are eating all my young plants. I put the plants in and the next morning they are almost all gone. The stems and the veins of the leaves are still there but nothing else. The marigolds are also being eaten including the flowers. I thought it was caterpillars but the spray for them doesn't work. Then I tried Scotts Bug B Gone insecticidal soap and that hasn't worked. So now I'm trying home made white oil. I am at a loss to solve this problem. Help. -

I would treat both with neem oil. It is very effective and safe. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Marigolds