Eucalyptus Tree

Eucalyptus Tree in Shock

About a month ago, I had a very tall eucalyptus tree trimmed. It now has brown leaves and I am worried. If you scrape the tree, it is still green but all the leaves are falling off and they are brown. Some of the smaller eucalyptus trees nearby may have been struck by falling branches and are also brown. Only one of them has green on the bark when scratched. Please tell me if they will recover and what can I do to get them healthy. Right now I am watering with Thrive.

Do they have any other symptoms? Also, was your area struck by the cold weather that has affected many parts of the country? It is possible that a disease got in through the trimmed areas. It can happen, but normally that would not affect other trees. Let us know as much as you can about the disease and we will try to identify it.

Additionally, the tree may have been over fertilized, particularly with phosphorus. If this is the case, it should recover, but in the future, use a fertilizer with a lower phosphorus ratio.

00
Here are more questions about Eucalyptus Tree