Shade Gardening

Front Lawn Landscape Dilemma

DTack added on June 14, 2011 | Answered

I recently purchased a home. Well, the previous owner had a large ivy bed in the front lawn with a tree in it. We ended up cutting the tree down and I began the pain staking process of killing all of the ivy that was growing uncontained. The problem is that now I have a very large area where there is no grass growing. It looks awful. The rest of my lawn is fescue and looks good (I live in Memphis, TN). I can't get fescue sod where I am and bermuda sod won't grow in the shaded area anyways. I'm thinking of maybe making a raised bed there with some monkey grass or something in it. Any ideas?

mollybabygirl

I am from Illinois so not to sure of your weather. I would put 3ft. Perennial plants for shade around the circle not to close to the tree. Then in front of that I would plant 12" to 18" shady perennials. Not sure if there is any sun anytime of the day. Well, hope this will help you.

00
Here are more questions about Shade Gardening