Fritillaria

Fritillaria Michaelowsyi Seem to Be Dying

MadgeLaBadge added on April 9, 2015 | Answered

I recently purchased 3 small Fritillaria michaelowsyi plants and re-potted them into a well drained container. Five days on and they seem to be dying, as all the flowers seem to be fading/wilting and are starting to go crispy. Do you think I have killed them? Am I likely to be able to revive them? And should I remove the dying flowers? If so, do I cut them off or pull them off? Many thanks in anticipation of your help, Kind regards, Louise

You purchased these as a forced bulb plant. They have most likely already been blooming for a while and are now will began to fade. If your leaving them in planters or putting them in the ground make sure the soil is well draining. Bulbs sitting in water will rot.

Here is a link with more information about growing Fritillaria.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/fritillaria/growing-fritillaria-lilies.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fritillaria