Foxglove Plants

Foxglove Plant

SGraham added on July 18, 2017 | Answered

I have 2 foxgloves in my garden, a white and a purple. The white plant is amazing, it has 2 flower stalks over 5 feet tall, and one stalk over 6 feet. There are several small shoots coming out now and I noticed new foliage growth at the base of the plant. I really would love for this plant to re-seed itself. How can I make sure it does? I've not done any dead heading, and all the stalks are empty of flowers now except for the very top of the 6 foot stalk, it has new little blossoms on it again. The purple plant didn't get nearly as tall, the stalks are also empty but I see new foliage at the base and some possible shoots. I really love this flower and would like to keep them growing. What can I do to ensure the seeding if new plants? Thank you for your time. Sheila Graham

Leaving the spent flowers in place will help your plant reseed itself in your garden.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/foxglove/deadheading-foxglove-plants.htm

00
SGraham

Thank you for the reply.

00
Here are more questions about Foxglove Plants