Foster Holly Bushes

Foster Holly Trees

I have five Foster Holly trees planted in one area on our yard. They are about 2-3 feet apart. They do not have berries and several have died and been replaced. It is my understanding that Foster Holly trees are self-producing. Is that true? Also, they have a feeder root at the bottom and when dug up in the field (if not dug properly), the tree will die. Is that true? All the trees have been planted with a mix of natural soil and compost mix, and watered. Can you help me figure out why my Foster Holly trees keep dying?

When they die, what is the progression of the death? Do they turn brown or yellow? Do they lose leaves or not? It sounds like you have something in the soil and this information will help us figure out what the issue could be.

Here are more questions about Foster Holly Bushes