Plant Identification

Flowering Climbers

marilyn_pullen added on May 13, 2018 | Answered

last summer I had a beautiful fast climbing plant that gave beautiful flower spikes on single branches ; it was climbing up a trellis from a moist clay bed; the flower spikes were very fragrant, almond vanilla scented, and beloved by both bees and butterflies. the flower spikes seemed to be made up of very small florets, upright in style and about 5 to 6 inches long . the leaves were pretty average, nothing exceptional. sadly this plant died during the hard winter we've just had and I am unable to name it to get another. Any ideas ?

I can't identify from your description.
Go back to the garden center or greenhouse you purchased from and check if they have the vine again in stock.
Also a flower color can help with id of vines.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/ovgen/vines-for-summer-color.htm

00
Here are more questions about Plant Identification