Fertilizer

Flower Garden Soil

Although this is a general question, it is all I really need at this time. I have cleared an area in our lawn for a flower garden which has been worked up and planted w/a variety of flowers for this region. I did add, not much, gypsum and lime to soil. I do have a soil meter for pH that inserts in soil and gives a read out from 0-2000. The pH is usually at the 4-6 or 500-700, if this makes sense. OK, my question is, what is an all around good fertilizer for my soil? It is clay based but not overly so. I live in central but easterly WI in a cropland growing area. Smack in the middle of farmland. Any help would be great!

First, I would recommend correcting your clay soil. This article will help with that: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/how-to-improve-clay-soil.htm

As for fertilizer, you have many options, including compost, which is suitable year round.
Flowering plants generally require fertilizer that is higher in phosphorus. You can also add bone meal to the soil.

00
Here are more questions about Fertilizer