Floribunda Roses

Floribunda Rose

goldtreasures added on October 13, 2011 | Answered

I brought my Floribunda rose inside and now it is losing all its leaves. I have it in a north facing window and put it in a bigger pot. It may have gotten frost bitten before I brought it inside. I guess I could be over watering it as well. I water it at least once a week. It is showing signs of new growth and still has new flowers on it. I was wondering how long before the leaves stop dropping or if I should let it go dormat for a while and then try to grow it inside?

First thing I would do is to get a moisture meter to check the soils moisture. That will tell you it the rose is too wet or not. Also if the pot does not have good drainage, find a pot that does as no drainage to poor drainage spells rootrot problems. Sometimes the dropping of leave is due to a form of shock. This could be due to moving the rosebush and changing its climate. The new growth is a good sign. The bush will drop leaves until it finishes its cycle of adjustment to the new location, that usually is around two to three weeks. Next time the rosebush needs some water, add a bit of root stimulator and some Super Thrive to it as well if you can find this product. I have far better luck growing my roses outside than I do inside. But that is just me and my climate here in Colorado I think. Enjoy your roses blooms!!

00
Here are more questions about Floribunda Roses