Fig Tree

Figs

I bought a fig tree and planted it last spring. It grew about 3-4 feet that summer and sprouted figs which lasted till the end of the season but remained green and about the size of a grape. This year, early April, the tree was full of figs again. About two weeks later these figs just dissapeared. I looked on the branches to see if they had dried up, but no trace at all. I looked around the ground to see if they had fallen off, but no trace at all. I know this is only its second year in the ground, but why did I get figs the first year and the beginning of spring this year and they just disappeared?

It is likely an animal, possibly birds, that are taking your fruit. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/fegen/protect-fruit-tree-birds.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree