Fig Tree

Fig Trees Did Not Leaf Out

I have two absolutely beautiful fig trees. For three years they have leafed out and produce hundreds of figs. I live in Zone 7. This spring they have not leafed out. I am most anxious. The tips of the branches have blackend buds that crumble in my hands. They almost appear to be 'burned'. The branches feel green. On one of them, some leafing has occured at the base of the tree. What is wrong with them and how can I help them?

It has been an unusually cold winter for many parts of the country. If it was cold in your area, it is very likely that the trees are suffering from cold damage and may have lost some of their upper growth. Fortunately, most established fig can regrow from the roots, even when severely cold damaged. This article will help you determine how far back the cold damage is and where the figs will grow back from: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree