Fig Tree

Fig Tree Transplanting in Louisiana

Can I transplant a 5 ft fig tree that is in a large planter into the ground in May in Louisiana? It has small fruit on it now. If I can't plant it now, when is the earliest month that I can plant it? I also have blueberries in pots that are 4 ft with berries on them. Are they ok to transplant now? If not, when? Thanks.

While spring is a good time for transplanting, if the fig/blueberries have already begun producing you may want to hold off, as this can affect its continuing fruit production. Fall would be the next good time for transplanting. If you do decide to go ahead and move them, make sure you put them in a suitable location as deep/wide as the pots they are currently in. This article will also help:

Here are more questions about Fig Tree