Brown Turkey Fig Trees

Fig Tree Leaves Turning Yellow-Brown, Mouldy

keenbutclueless added on September 20, 2017 | Answered

I've got a fig tree (Brown Turkey) in a container on my patio that I planted earlier this summer. Several of the older leaves are turning yellow/brown and going dry and crinkly in patches and these bits are shrivelling up. It looks like there is some white mould on some of the crinkly bits. New leaves look ok and the plant is producing fruit which is getting bigger. (See photos) The fig is in a south west-facing corner close to two walls in direct sunlight. It's planted in a terracotta pot in loam-based compost. No mulch. The weather has been quite wet over the last few weeks. Has anyone got any idea what's wrong?

This is a case of soil infection. This is caused by excessively wet weather. I have a personal mix that I have come up with for occasions like this. This is a broad range, effective, and safe method to control most fungus, bacteria, and insects.

The method is as follows: First, you will want to prime the ground with dolomitic lime, then spread wettable sulfur to Kill off any infection in the soil. I Also like to spray the plant itself. Mix a few drops of one or more of these ingredients into warm water with a spoonful of coconut oil: Rosemary oil, lavender oil, neem oil, garlic oil, cinnamon extract/oil and for really bad cases, also add clove oil.

Here is a link to more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/figs/

00
Here are more questions about Brown Turkey Fig Trees