Fig Tree

Fig Tree Fertilizer

I am wondering if it is too late (June) to fertilize our fig tree that we just received. The stems of the leaves look a little yellow and the plant has tons of figs on it. I don't want it to drop the figs, and I am thinking it is needing a little fertilizer.

Generally, these plants draw all the nutrients they require from the soil; therefore, regular fertilizing of figs is not usually necessary except for potted trees or those growing in poor soil. Fig fertilization also depends on whether your plant is young or mature.

For a young tree, fertilize in late winter or early spring. For mature fig trees, fertilize monthly from early spring until July. Use one-third pound of 10-10-10 per foot of plant height each time. A mature plant should develop only one foot of new growth each year.

Here are more questions about Fig Tree