Fig Tree

Fig Tree

All my figs and leaves fell off. No frost and plenty of water (too much I thought) but everything I read said never too much, every 3 days 2 gal. The tree is in pot. Tree is still growing figs and sprouts growing. Should I transplant in winter? Tree is 2 years old. I also fertilize but figs were small.

The leaves dropping sounds like a fungus. Because of the stress from the fungus, the plant is aborting young fruit and cannot keep up the energy for supporting the older fruit. Treat the plant with fungicide and clean up and dispose of any fallen leaves. While the tree is trying to recover, I would also recommend removing any fruit left on the tree. The quality will be low anyway and the removal of the fruit will allow the tree to focus energy on recovery.

Yes, any transplanting/repotting should be done while the plant is dormant.

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree