Fig Tree

Fig Tree

In the Phoenix, AZ area I have a 25 year old fig tree on the north side of my lot. The past few years, I have had a problem with bark peeling on the main trunk and on the larger tree alimbs. I have been told this might be from the summer heat. The summer temperature in this part of AZ is often 105 degrees or higher. Over the past few years, when the tree is dormant I have cut the dead branches. On the main truck where the bark is peeling there appears to be a black fungus underneath. I would like to eliminate this with some type of treatment. Could you recommend a product or a procedure? Also, I have had sprouts coming coming from the roots. I have to constantly cut them back before they grow tall. Could I use these cut sprouts with their roots to grow another tree?

The peeling bark on the tree is not normal and it is a sign of issues with your tree. Certainly sun scald is a possible reason for this issue. The peeling bark can leave the tree in a stressed state.
I would remove the bark from around the tree. Prune any dead branches from the tree.
After a couple of weeks from pruning apply a foiler fertilizer to the tree. You can fertilize with an 8-8-8 fertilizer every 6 weeks after that until September. Broadcast this application over the entire dripline and not against the trunk.
Pay attention to watering. Do not let the soil completely dry out.

I would also recommend showing these images to your County Extension Office. They will be familiar with trees and the issues that the heat can cause. They may have a treatment plan for Figs specific to your area.
Here is a link to locate your nearest office.
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/extension-search/

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree