Fig Tree

Fig Tree Leaves Falling Off

I have 2 Chicago Hardy fig trees in pots. The leaves are falling off the trees. Is this normal? I am going to put them in my garage for the winter. Do they need to be covered and do I have to water them during the winter? Is the garage a good place to put them during the winter months?

Figs are deciduous in areas that get winter. Most likely, they are losing their leaves for the same reason the other trees in your area are - shorter days. The garage is a great place for them, though if you get cold winters (temps regularly below 0 F), place them as close to the house as possible in the garage.

Over the winter, water them with a gallon of water in one go each once a month. Don't worry if the water drains out the bottom. The gallon is just to make sure there is enough water and not the exact amount they need.

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree