My figs start rotting from the blossom end just before they are ripe. I have seen small maggots in the decaying matter, so it seems like an insect problem. I am not against going to war and using insecticides. Any suggestions?
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Because you are working with an edible plant, I would avoid the typical chemicals that are used as pesticides. I like to use neem oil on edibles. Still very effective (I personally think it works better than conventional pesticides - it even stops vine borers, and no conventional pesticide can do that) but safe for consumption. This article will have more information on it: