Fig Tree

Fig Leaf Disease

I have a small fig tree growing indoors. It seems to have some sort of leaf problem, which appears as white spots around the edges of the leaves. Eventually, the leaves become dry and begin to curl up and fall off. I've noticed some small black insects in the soil. Are they feasting on the new leaves? Insecticidal soap and liquid copper fungicide have not abated the problem. Can you help me out?

It sounds like you have two different pests on the plant. The white spots are likely mealy bugs and the soil bugs are likely root maggots. I am a big fan of neem oil to treat these pests. It is safe for people and pets but effective on these bugs. Here is more information:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fig Tree