Ficus Trees

Ficus Tree

I have a ficus tree planted about three feet from my house.  The tree is about four years old. I'm concerned about the root system being that close to the house. Can you give me some advice? Should I remove the tree? Is my house foundation safe?

Tree roots are actually pretty lazy. As long as the tree has the water it needs and the space on the other side from your house to grow, it will not be a problem. Tree root problems occur when a tree can't find all the water it wants, so it starts to grow into water rich pipes, or its roots become constricted, say because it grows between two foundations or heavy soil constricts growth on one side and a foundation on the other. Take a look at your situation and see if that might apply to you. If the tree has plenty of root room to grow around it except for the side that has the foundation, you have nothing to worry about.

00
Here are more questions about Ficus Trees