Ficus Trees

Ficus Got Leggy

This ficus was tall and a bit bare when I got it, rescue, now it's 5 ft tall with fairly good growth on bottom, but leggy in between. Should I cut it down to where the growth is? I don't want to kill it and have not had this happen before. Thanks!

Yes, you can cut it back to the good growth. A couple things to bear in mind when cutting your ficus plant back: It may bleed some from the cuts and the sap can cause irritation in some people, so wear some gloves. Also, the plant will most likely begin to branch out from the point of pruning, resulting in bushier growth.

The legginess suggests that your plant may not be getting enough light. Following pruning, I would suggest moving the plant to another location where it will receive bright, but indirect, light. Here is more info on caring for these plants: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/ficus/ficus-tree-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Ficus Trees