Ficus Trees

Ficus Benjamina Yellow on Leaf That Dropped

Davejoyal added on May 18, 2015 | Answered

One leaf fell off my tree that has some sort of yellow streak or marks on it. Tree has lots of new growth, well taken care of and never drops leaves. Watered when first two inches of soil dry, fertilized monthly half strength during spring and summer, rotated 1/4 turn weekly, misted 5 times per day, has drainage holes and is watered with a full flush each time. Never stands in its own water either. No bugs. Sits in a southern facing window. Any ideas? Or should I not worry? This is the only leaf it has dropped in about 6 months.

It is normal for a ficus tree to lose some leaves. A few leaves dropping off a ficus tree will not hurt it and they will regrow. So, I would not worry.

If your ficus does start losing more leaves, then you can be pro-active by reading the following article on the reasons why:

Here are more questions about Ficus Trees